NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules.
- SPONSOR & CONTEST PERIOD: “Win a Trip for Two to Tulum” Contest (the “Contest”) commences at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 09, 2018 and will end at 11:59:59 PM ET on October 31, 2018 (the "Contest Period"). All times are Eastern Times.
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Contest and be eligible to win a Prize (see rule 7), a person (“Entrant”) must be a legal resident of Canada, and Ontario. (All other Provence’s are excluded, including the Province of Quebec) who at the time of entry has reached the age of majority or older. Employees, officers, and directors (including immediate members and members of the same household of such persons, whether related or not) of Ciao Sea (The “Company”), their affiliates, representatives, agents, advertising or promotional agencies, are not eligible to enter the Contest. For these Official Rules, "immediate family" means mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter and spouse, including common law spouse, regardless of where they reside.
- HOW TO ENTER: No Purchase is Necessary. During the Contest Period, visit https://www.instagram.com/ciaoseaofficial/ (the “Contest Website”) and comment ("Comment") on the Contest Post ("Contest Post") with a photo of yourself at a travel destination, and follow @ciaoseaofficial on Instagram. Upon doing so, click “Enter” and your Comment will be posted to the Contest Website and will be considered an official entry (the “Entry”) into the Contest. Any Entries that do not satisfy the requirements set out in rule 4 will be removed and ineligible for entry into the Contest. By entering the Contest, you are confirming compliance with the Official Rules, that you are the age of majority or older, and if selected for a Prize, acknowledging that the Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted or transferred, releasing the Company, their respective affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, Facebook, the independent contest organization, and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively the “Releasees”) from and against all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the awarding and use of a Prize, and consenting to the use of your name, address (city and province/territory), and/or photographs, if needed, without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Company with respect to the Contest.
- COMMENT FORMAT AND CONTENT Each Contest Post:
- Must be in English;
- Must be no more than 100 words in length;
- Must be sent by clicking the “Comment” icon on the Contest Round Contest Post posted to the ciaoseaofficial Instagram page;
- Must not be based on another person’s comment;
- Must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain any nude, sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, libelous or other inappropriate content;
- Must be intended for family audience reading and contain only content that, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, is suitable for all persons, including persons under the age of 13;
- Must be posted only once;
- Must not include any third party trade-marks or mention any persons by full name.
- ENTRIES: Limit of one (1) Entry per person per Contest during the Contest Period. You must have your Instagram profile set to Public to be eligible to enter. Only one (1) Instagram account per person may be used to enter the Contest. Any person who is found to have entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or who has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these Official Rules will be disqualified. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. The Company will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete entries, which will be void. All entries become the property of the Company upon receipt and none will be returned.
- CONTEST: The Contest Period is a single contest following the dates set out in rule 1.
- PRIZES: There will be one (1) grand prize (herein referred to as “The Grand Prize”), Two (2) second place prizes (herein referred to as "The Second Place Prizes"), Fifty (50) third place prizes (herein referred to as "The Third Place Prizes"), available to be won. The Grand Prize consists of a trip for two to Tulum Mexico for 4 days, 3 nights at a resort to be determined, including coach round trip airfare. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution, are not transferable, not for resale and have no cash surrender value. The Grand Prize has an expiry date of twelve (12) months from the date of issue. The Second Place Prizes consists of an $800CAD (Eight Hundred Canadian Dollars) gift card for use only on the Ciaosea.com e-commerce shop. The Second Place Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution, are not transferable, not for resale and have no cash surrender value. The Second Place Prize has an expiry date of six (6) months from the date of issue. Any unused portion of the Gift Card voucher will remain on the winners account until the total value of the Gift Card is used, or exceeds the expiry date. The Third Place Prizes consists of a discount code for 30% (thirty percent) off on the ciaosea.com e-commerce shop. The Third Place Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution, are not transferable, not for resale and have no cash surrender value. The Third Place Prize has an expiry date of six (6) months from the date of issue. The Company reserves the right, in the event that a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute another prize of equal or greater value, without liability.
- DRAW: A random draw (a “Draw”) will be held in, BURLINGTON, ONTARIO on Thursday November 1st 2018, following the end of the Contest Period from among all eligible entries received during The Contest Period. If a Draw Date falls on a statutory holiday, the applicable Draw will take place the following business day. Non-winning entries will not be carried over into future draws. The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received up to the end date of the applicable Contest Period.
- The Sponsor will attempt to contact selected entrants by replying to their comment associated with the potential winning entry within two (2) business days of the applicable Draw Date. The entrant associated with the selected Instagram Profile will then be asked to reply via private message (the “Private Message”) so that a skill testing question can be administered and to provide his/her contact information including full name, complete mailing address and telephone number (the “Contact Information”). If a selected entrant (a) does not respond within five (5) business days of being contacted, (b) fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill testing question; then he/she will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made with a selected entrant or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant. To be declared a winner of a Prize, a selected entrant’s answer to the mathematical skill-testing question must be determined to be correct. Prizes will be made available by the Company to the confirmed winners, to pick up at the Company office and/or be emailed a copy of a voucher to the email address provided within six (6) weeks of being confirmed a winner.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering the Contest, entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the independent contest organization, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
- GENERAL: The Releasees do not assume any responsibility for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information and entries that fail to comply with these Official Rules; (ii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by an awarded Prize or the Contest itself; or (iii) any failure of the Contest Website during the Contest Period, including any problems, human or technical, printing errors, lost, delayed, garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or computer lines, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person's computer related to or resulting from downloading any material connected to the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Company in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein in respect of residents of the other Canadian provinces/territories, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest could be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial/territorial, and municipal laws.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including, but not limited to point of sale, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Company reserves the right to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend these Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, the Company reserves the right to terminate the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible Entries.
- CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: The information you provided will be used for the purpose of administering this Contest and prize fulfillment, as well as use for marketing and potential emails from The Company. For more information regarding the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information by the Sponsor, please visit https://www.ciaosea.com/pages/privacy